Kristen Header

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello November

November already? All the pretty leaves are starting to fall, and the air is turning much more crisp. Winter is right around the corner I'm sure. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for it yet.


We had a great day trip to Salem on Friday. My suspicions were right, this place was very different all decked out for Halloween. It was a chilly day, and the sky was a little eerie looking which made the whole experience that much better. The streets of downtown were crowded with people. Some were like hubs and I, just there checking out the sights, but some people were serious! I'm talking witches dressed to the nines, on their way to get some potions for the spells they were about to perform that evening. And believe me, Salem is not lacking in the stores that sell potions, if that's what you're in to.

We spent the day exploring, browsing the shops, enjoying a pumpkin martini (for me anyway) and hot apple cider, but mostly just checking out the scene.

Some highlights: The biggest dog I've ever seen in my life. And a black cat that followed us for a bit. Bad luck? I hope not. Of all the weeks, we need some luck this week! (More on that later!) And a seriously haunted looking house, right next to the graveyard.


Saturday was a low key day. I broke out our new crock pot and made a delicious dinner while the hubs was working and we spent the night in, which was just perfect.

Sunday, we headed over to my sister in law's to see our little nieces and nephews all dressed up! I finally tried Lilly's pumpkin costume on her yesterday afternoon and it was too big! I tried to find a replacement last minute, but the pickings were slim. I managed to get the last medium dog costume I could find...a princess! More appropriate than a pumpkin anyway...

Let me tell you, getting 3 kids and a dog to cooperate for a picture is no easy task. It's a bit blurry, but this was the best I could do!

1 comment:

Faith said...

looks like a fun weekend!
can't believe winter is around the corner already!