Kristen Header

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Mantels

So obviously we decided against putting up our usual big, real Christmas tree this year. It's just going to be in the way of packing and boxes in the coming weeks. I think we got the next best thing though, in our neon green three foot Target tree...especially because it's decorated with neon LED lights, ice cream cone & cupcake ornaments, and fits right on the window shelf! :) Only thing missing is that Christmas tree smell...but I'm planning to buy some candles today to fix that!

I have been saving SO so many photos of home decor inspiration in the last few months. I can't wait to actually put some ideas to use. Soon enough, soon enough...three weeks from today in fact! Right now though, I'm thinking towards next Christmas and our fireplace mantel and loving all these holiday mantel-scapes!

via coco+kelley

via traditional home

via coco+kelley

via weheartit

via HGTV

via HGTV


via lisaleonarddesigns
Do you have a favorite? Any inspiration to share?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I love all those mantles! I really like those cream stockings too :)

Rachael said...

I love the 4th one, all those mini little trees! Cute idea. Love the 1st one too.
But really, any Christmas decorations are great. It's better to do some decorating, than none.

ali v. said...

I love love love the first one from coco+kelley! It's so clever to hang things in front of the mirror...great choices! xo

A New England Girl said...

While I love all of these, I am especially enamored with the first one! How gorgeous... I think I would keep that up year-round if my home looked like that. :)

Unknown said...

wish we had a mantle!! i've got to get creative. i love the one with the mini christmas trees!!

RunToTheFinish said...

sigh I wish my home looked like that!! we have 0 storage in the condo, so I could only bring a couple decorations

Lauren said...

I love your little neon tree!! My dad bought one like it one year when we had to do Christmas at a hotel, it's kind of fun to do something different just once!! And I love your mantle ideas!