Kristen Header

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm in Love.

With my new house!

Wow, what a week it has been! First off I just wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you for sharing in my excitement with all your sweet comments!! Seriously, you're the best. It is such a bright spot in my day to read through each and every one!

Tuesday was right up there with our wedding being one of the best days ever. I hope I never forget the gamete of emotions I was feeling as we did our final "walk through" of the house and then sat and signed paper after paper. There was fear, nervousness, anxiety, apprehension, happiness, excitement. You name it, I probably felt it in that short time we spent at our closing. With each moment the fear and anxiety subsided a little bit and the excitement took over. Like, this is really happening!


I also hope never to forget the way it felt to realize the house was ours. Hubs and I went back to OUR house, and kinda took it all in. We kind of reveled in the moment for a little while, hugged and kissed and smiled and laughed...then promptly got to work! We enjoyed our first pizza in our dining room. Granted we sat on beach chairs in the middle of an empty first floor, but it was perfect nonetheless. I finally got some better photos of the house and I can't wait to share those with you, along with some of our plans, after the holidays!


So, I won't be doing much blogging over the next week. We are moving in slowly and won't actually spend our first night in the house until sometime next week. There are more boxes to pack, wallpaper to take down, cleaning to be done, walls to paint, unpacking to be done. Such a process! The hardwood floors were done yesterday so I'm itching to get back in there and start tearing down some wall paper! We had planned on waiting to paint until we decided on some furniture, but after seeing the house empty, with the minor imperfections on the walls, we decided we're going to tackle it now before we move in. And in between all of that, we hope to enjoy some time with J's family! I'm certainly not complaining. This has been such an awesome Christmas gift. One Christmas that we will certainly never forget.

I hope you all have safe travels to wherever it is you're off to, and that you get to enjoy the peace and quiet of the holiday with your family. I am hoping to do the same!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

vintch said...

LOVE your new house! cherish this special time...with the house empty. unpack slow and take lots and lots of "progress" pictures. some of my favorite snapshots are of me and robert in our empty kitchen, dancing around in our socks. it's fun to imagine how much love and memories that space is about to be filled with:) merry christmas, sweet friend!

Lindsay said...

You guys eating pizza on beach chairs takes me back to a couple years ago when my then-boyfriend, now-husband bought our first house. We ate chinese food standing over our kitchen counters that first day :) It's a fond memory for both of us still to this day. Happy Holidays!!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

HOW EXCITING!! i am sure it was a really fun day-- good luck moving in and making the place perfect. i hope you have a wonderful christmas!! xoxo jcd

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

yay!!! congrats on your new home :) what a great way to end the year and start a new one :)

Unknown said...

I love that you love it! So exciting! ENJOY!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope everything goes wonderful in your new home! Wishing you many memories!!!

Have A Romantic Day,
~Romantic Savy

Faith said...

so exciting! Congrats!

Merry Christmas!

Staci Edwards said...

How exciting!
Happy holidays!

Jamie said...

Oh how exciting! Can't wait to see all the changes y'all make :)

Ashley Arnold said...

YAY!! You have a home! From what I can see, it looks DARLING. I'm so happy for you!! Hope you had a great Christmas, and have a great New Year! xoxo

ali v. said...

YAY YAY YAY! So happy for you and the hubby! I'm sure it was certainly a Christmas you won't forget...can't wait to see more pictures! You look positively joyful in the photos, just as you should. Hope you were able to enjoy some time relaxing too...and that this snow is forcing you to hole up a bit ;)

much love my dear, {av}

Sarah said...

SO exciting, congratulations!! Beautiful home!

Laura Darling said...

Your new house looks great...I love the red front door! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner, and Happy New Year!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on your house! What a wonderful milestone :)