Kristen Header

Monday, February 21, 2011

weekend highlights.

Sunday night dinner.
The way to a man's heart is through his belly, obviously.

Baked Artichokes. Angel hair with shrimp, garlic, lemon, butter & olive oil. White wine.
Not pictured: Chocolate covered strawberries...they were devoured before I could get a photo!




 Can you even tell what this is? This is my TV room/den with it's grasscloth wallpaper that now covers the walls in half the room. The rest of the wallpaper should go up this weekend, and that room will be done! I can't wait to show you when it's complete! I think it will be my new favorite room. And the only room {besides the basement} with a couch! Hooray.

I stumbled upon a neat little store in downtown Providence called Craftland. This place is awesome...it's basically like Etsy, in a store.
Everything is handmade. I can't wait to go back.
These were my two purchases: Letterpress note cards & a pretty pillow cover.




My new favorite book. All about inspired and unique locally owned eating and shopping establishments in Newport & Providece, Rhode Island. Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Burlington, Vermont & Portland, Maine. Hubs and I love to discover new restaurants and shops, and if they are locally owned, even better. We can't wait to try out some new places this book mentions!



Hope you all had a great weekend! I was going to include a photo of my backyard because you could actually see the grass, and Lilly was loving it. However, now it's snowing and everything is covered again. Mother nature is laughing at me & that little taste of spring we had last week was such a tease!

23 comments:

Roxy Te said...

what a lovely weekend! And your Sunday night din looked so yum! :)

Virginia Belle said...

Your Sunday night meal looks delicious! Those artichokes are calling my name right now ;)

Heather J said...

Okay...yum! love the grass cloth wallpaper (can't wait to see finished room) and cute purchases!

Natasha said...

that dinner just sounds amazing!!! what a great weekend you had my dear ;)

Ashley Paige said...

yum, i always forget about artichokes! i haven't had them baked in far, far too long. looks like the husband might be in for a tasty treat soon!

i'm awful scared of wallpaper- i've always wanted to wallpaper just one wall of our master bedroom, but haven't ventured outside of my comfort zone!

i can't wait to see the finished grass cloth wallpaper project! it looks pretty awesome!

The Southland Life said...

that dinner looks fabulous!!! glad yall had such a great weekend :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

YUM! all of the food looks delic. and i love the hubs face haha too funny. xoxo jcd

Gabriella said...

That dinner looks delicious!

Whim Wham Life said...

Yum! Dinner looks great and that wallpaper is fabulous! Can't wait to see how you pull the room all together. xoxo

megan said...

We had a very similar dinner on Friday night! Can't wait to see the finished room!

Jocelyn said...

your dinner looks amazing! We did grilled artichokes last night... how did you prepare and cook yours? We are newbies to cooking artichokes!

Natalie said...

Your dinner looks delicious! And I can't wait to see the finished room with that grasscloth wallpaper, it already looks amazing! Love the texture. Looks like a lovely weekend.:)

Elle Sees said...

such a fancy-looking dinner! love it.

Megan said...

loving the wall paper! cant wait to see the room!

Ashley said...

awwww your hubby looks too cute! and that dinner looks amazing! hope you had a fabulous weekend!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Amazing amazing! Post a recipe of the baked artichokes girlfriend. That sounds amazing :) And that store sounds so super cute too!! xo

A Crimson Kiss said...

Oooh, craftland looks AMAZING! I'll have to make a stop when I'm in town next!

Megan said...

That dinner looks awesome! I love that y'all have the candles lit! We need to start doing that.

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

1 - The food looks amazing
2 - Can't wait to see the finished room!!
3 - I want to find a book like that for lower New England ...
xoxo
Vineyard Loveknots

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

That's funny, cause the book on the table caught my eye in the first pic! I have the eat shop Austin book, and I LOVE it! :)

Kelly said...

Oh, so wonderful! Maybe the perfect meal.

Faith said...

that dinner looks delish! i want that shrimp! haha.

love the wallpaper!

Elizabeth said...

That looks amazing!!!