Kristen Header

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Five Months.

 Hello little blog.
I just can't seem to keep up with you these days, but I'm not totally giving up.
I started writing this post 2 weeks ago and didn't finish.
It's a month late, considering my little miss will be SIX months old tomorrow. Half a year!!
Don't worry, that post is already in progress :)
Just need to add the photos that I'll take tomorrow!

 ***

Dear Emma,

Five months! You're getting to be such a big girl.
Every day it seems you learn something new and it's so exciting to watch.

This month, you're rolling all over the place.
If I lay you down and walk away for a minute, 
I come back and you are never in the spot where I left you.
Those little arms and legs are getting strong! 
You love to kick and attempt to jump.
And are working on your mini push-ups.
You can sit unassisted for short period of time, 
but it seems you're more interested in how to move
than how to just sit still!
You also LOVE to stand. 
I have a feeling you're going to be an early walker.


Teething is definitely in progress...yep, already!
You cannot keep anything out of your mouth.
You finally really discovered your feet
and, well, they go right into your mouth.
You love being outside
which is great, because mama does too!

I have a feeling you are in the 13 pound range, 
but we won't have another well visit until next month.
You are a petite little miss, 
and we just love you to pieces.

You're still wearing size 2 diapers,
3-6 month and 6 month clothes.
This month we attempted some solids.
We started with rice cereal and after a few days, 
we tried applesauce and sweet potatoes.
You got the hang of the swallowing thing pretty quick
and liked everything we gave you.
You would open your mouth after each bite
as if to say "more, more, more!"

After about a week though, you developed a really bad diaper rash,
probably due to the volume of stuff that was filling those diapers up!
So we decided to put the solids on hold for a bit.
You're still nursing about every 3 hours during the day
and at night, well it's still hit or miss.
You sleep from about 7pm-7am 
but usually you are up once a night to eat.

We celebrated mama's first Mother's Day 
with a trip to the park and your first swing ride.
You loved it.
We also set up a hand me down swing in the backyard.
Your favorite part of the whole thing
is the way your mama and daddy yell "weeee!"
We do all sorts of crazy things to see you smile and laugh.

You also had your first big road trip to Pennsylvania
for Auntie Meg's bridal shower.
You did much better than we expected for the five and a half hour drive.

 Here are a few more favorites from your fifth month.
 
We love you baby girl.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow time flies!! What a big girl! So adorable :D

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple said...

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Girl, I have seriously spent about an hour looking at all of her pictures and reading y'alls baby story! So precious!!! I'm pregnant and hormonal, so I may or may not have teared up several times reading your blog!!! Congratulations to you and your husband! Y'all have a beautiful family!

July said...

I feel like I am already up to date thanks to twitter and instagram, but I can't say it enough: she is THE most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen! which scares me a little because if I have a girl of my own, I'm going to hold her to Emma's cuteness standards!

I love reading your monthly letters to Emma though, thank you for sharing with us!

A Wedding Story said...

Where has the time gone? She is so precious! I can't believe our girls are so big!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how quickly she is growing--she is so adorable.

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

she is growing into the most beautiful and sweet little baby!! can't believe 6 months is around the corner!! so happy for you mama :)