Kristen Header

Monday, November 12, 2012

a hello & a recipe.

Hello friends!
I truly cannot keep up with life, let alone this little blog.
As I've gotten older, I have really felt time start to speed up...
but since our addition last December,
it's like warp speed.

I've had a few requests for blog updates
(from friends and family, let's be serious)
so this is my mission once again.

Start documenting all the little moments because,
well...time is not slowing down.
And so much is happening!

I have lots to catch up on.
Particularly our summer and fall
which were both pretty spectacular...
and a certain little munchkin who is already ten and a half months old.
Yep, got a couple big months to catch up on there.

I better get started because the holidays are upon us.
First birthday invitations have been ordered.
Time is not slowing down.

Before any of the catch up stuff though, I must share this recipe.
Make these. They are SO good.
"The best meatballs I've ever had" according to the husband.

Baked Turkey Meatballs
recipe adapted from Food Network

Cooking spray
1 pound ground turkey meat
1/4 c  whole-wheat bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1/2 cup finely grated carrot (I substituted spinach)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper


(I substituted Italian seasoning for the fresh herbs because that's all I had)
Preheat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl. Form into 2 1/2 -inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 10-12 minutes, or until browned and entirely cooked through.
recipe found here

***

Quick and easy and delicious.
Husband approved, munchkin approved!

And finally, I'll leave you with some sweetness.
My baby. 
Pretty sure she gets bigger and more beautiful every day.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

So stinking cute!!! I've missed your blog posts too!

I've actually created a new spinoff blog, The Mushy Mommy, to document pregnancy and mommyhood! Hope you come and follow along.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments :)

Pris said...

I'm glad you are back!! The little girl is so adorable!

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com