Kristen Header

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Hello!

Well, I can honestly say, I don't expect a lot of people to read my blog. My life is not very interesting or exciting, but I love it :) So besides my husband, my mom, and maybe my sisters, I don't expect many visitors. Regardless though, I feel like I should share a little about myself...just in case!

I am 27, and recently married my best friend. We had our dream wedding in a beautiful 1920's mansion in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. I am truly blessed with a wonderful family and friends who were all in attendance. It was one of the happiest days of my life so far! 

I am a girl with small town roots. I was born in an itty bitty town in Jersey, grew up in Hershey chocolate-town PA, and now live in a small town in Lil' Rhodey in an old converted mill. Hubs and I have a little love child, a 25 pound puggle named Lilly who pretty much lights up my days.

I broadened my horizons when I decided to go to college and try out city life. I spent 4 years in nursing school at the University of Pittsburgh where I met some of the best lifelong friends. I sometimes long to go back to those "carefree" days!

I now work as a cardio-thoracic ICU nurse at a large academic hospital in Providence. I love my job (most of the time!) It is challenging and rewarding and I couldn't imagine myself doing much else...well, besides maybe a professional photographer...but that's a dream and a story for another post!

The future looks bright and I'm looking forward to this journey of life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love nurses!!
especially the ones in your field.
would you believe two years ago I had a thoracotomy and open heart surgery? you're the only one who would know what I'm talking about. (:

Glad to have found a kapple a day -I'm following now.

xox

Kristen said...

Sarah, I would never have believed that!! You look like the picture of health. I am so sorry that you had to go through those procedures. I see and care for those patients every day, and nothing about it is easy. So glad to see you're doing so well now, you look fantastic!! Thanks for following :)

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

just stumbled across your blog, its so cute :)
i have always wanted to travel to rhode island, first because its the smallest state and secondly because it looks gorgeous!!
i will be following along :)