Kristen Header

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sick Days

Crazy how a week can just fly by like that! My working weekend turned out to be more than I bargained for. We were a little short staffed on Saturday so silly me agreed to work a double. Normally this wouldn't be such a huge deal, but after working 12 hours Friday night, and sleeping for about 4 hours...it was just a bad idea.

At somewhere around my 13th hour of work, I started feeling like I was getting sick. Sunday morning I came home exhausted and tried to sleep it off, but by Monday I had a fever, aches, chills, the whole nine yards. I haven't been to work all week and now have off through the weekend which will be good. I am feeling better today, but still have this hacking/headache inducing/cough though that hopefully I will be able to shake by the weekend. 

Luckily the hubs has been taking good care of me! Yesterday he brought home flowers and today showered me with several different cough medicines and cough drops...maybe I will be able to sleep tonight. I've also been able to enjoy all of the good prime time television that I normally would not even watch...(love GLEE) and done lots of online shopping browsing :)

And, just because I now think that every post deserves a photo, this is one I took last week just looking out my window. Love the end of summer sky!

No comments: