Kristen Header

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I love fall & a new obsession

Today is the most gorgeous New England day. I know I have said it a bunch of times, but fall really is my favorite. I think I truly appreciate the beauty of the world more as I get older. Today it is sunny and in the 70's and the foliage is at its peak. I am in the midst of a 2 week "stay-cation" from work and it is amaaazing! So far today, I have exercised, cleaned the apartment and taken Lil for a walk. May seem like just a normal day to you, but usually right now I would have to take a nap in order to prepare my body to stay up and work all night. But now? I still have the rest of the afternoon AND evening. And I get to sleep in my bed, with my husband, at night. I could really get used to this!...it's the little things.

Last night we finally carved our pumpkin. I always look forward to this every year. Its so fun to go to the patch, pick our your special little pumpkin and then bring it to life. And of course I love roasted pumpkin seeds.
I learned how to make a collage, woohoo! See, I'm getting better.
J and I have our jobs when it comes to pumpkin carving. Together, we decide on a face. Then I carve out the lid. He carves the face and removes the guts. I separate out the seeds for roasting! Works out nicely.



Notice the supervisor under the counter?  She is hoping some pumpkin guts fall on the floor.


The finished product:

His mouth is a little big. Either he is really hungry, or laughing. Either one will work in this house and I still think he's cute nonetheless.

Tonight we are headed to a dinner with J's work. It is at a restaurant in Providence I've been dying to try called Mill's Tavern. I've heard the food is delicious...and it will be free so you can't beat that!

And my latest obsession?
Have you tried these!? They are amazing. I am a sucker for anything with peanut butter and I would venture to say I like these more than the milk chocolate Reese's. Try them, your taste buds will thank you!

2 comments:

Faith said...

your pumpkin came out great! i cant wait to carve ours but little kids (probably teenagers) stole them right off our porch. i was livid! we were going to do them tomorrow ... we have to try to find perfect pumpkins again. sigh.

July said...

You did such a great job on your pumpkins!!! I love it :) How did the roasted seeds turn out? We roasted ours too, and they were delish!