Kristen Header

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pregnancy Must Haves

I'm certainly no pregnancy expert, 
but 35 weeks into it, these are some of the things that have helped me along the way.


  1. Gap Pure Body tank: I have these tank tops in about 6 different colors and wear them just about  every day. They are lightweight and perfect for the warm months, and now that it's cooler, they are great for layering. The Gap is my favorite for maternity staples!
  2. L'Occitane Almond Supple skin oil: This stuff smells amazing. I only use it at night since the oil can get on your clothes unless you let it dry completely, but it's worth it! Makes your skin so soft.
  3. Snoogle Body pillow: I found this pillow was great in the first and second trimesters when I was getting used to sleeping on my side. There are so many positions you can prop yourself into to get comfortable.
  4. What to Expect When You're Expecting: I know this is the "cliche" pregnancy book, but I'd still recommend it. I've read through it once and have gone back to reference it multiple times since then. There's a reason it's so popular.
  5. Life factory water bottles: Love these! They are glass, so they're free of all the chemicals that can be found in plastic bottles. I have 2 and use them every day. Easy to refill and keep your fluid intake on track, which is so important in pregnancy.
  6. Gap supersoft leggings: I pretty much live in these leggings. Comfort is key, especially in the last trimester.
  7. Body Shop cocoa butter  My sister in law introduced me to this body butter and I love it. It's nice and lightweight, unlike a lot of the cocoa butters I tried. And, 35 weeks in, I'm still stretch mark free :)
  8. Tums smoothies: Oh, the heartburn. It is no joke, especially in the last trimester. I probably consume between 2-6 of these a day...they are life savers.
  9. Pretty journal: I bought a pack of these journals from Rifle Paper Company and have been periodically writing letters to our little girl throughout the pregnancy. Along with the blog {which I haven't been great about keeping up with!} this book will be a nice keepsake and something fun for both of us to look back on.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I really need to get one of those body pillows!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great post! i am book-marking this for the future :) xoxo

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

I just sent to my friend that recently announced her pregnancy!!

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama said...

I agree with all of them, especially the body pillow, I never invested in one, but at 36w+ I am suffering!! Thanks!

ms.composure said...

i def LOVE the lifefactory water bottles!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Ok I have 4 of your 9 items ... and I've never been pregnant! Haha!!

You look great, by the way! :)

natasha {schue love} said...

Thanks for all the tips...I've bookmarked some to remember!! :)